- Almonds are often eaten on its own, raw or toasted.
- They are a key component in various dishes, especially desserts.
- They can also be used in used in savory dishes.
- Along with other nuts, almonds can be sprinkled over breakfasts and desserts, particularly muesli or ice cream-based dishes.
- Almonds are used in marzipan, nougat, pastries, cookies and cakes.
- The cashew nut, often purely called a cashew, is commonly consumed on its own or used in recipes.
- Cashew nuts are normally used in Indian cuisine, whole for garnishing sweets or curries, or ground into a paste that forms a base for curry sauces.
- They are also used in powdered form in the preparation of several Indian sweets and desserts.
- Pistachio is a member of the cashew family.
- Pistachios are often eaten whole, either fresh or roasted.
- They are a key ingredient in pistachio ice cream, kulfi and spumoni.
- They are used in many cuisines around the world and are a popular garnish Indian sweets and desserts.